Friday, June 26, 2009

Derek's Day at Midway

We had an interesting day the day I took Derek to Midway. I was in charge of taking Derek and a little Amish boy Norman around. There are a lot of Amish in our community and they send their children to public school for Kindergarten to learn English. Most Amish are more fluent in German and so why they have such a hard time talking to us sometimes is not because they are slow but because their primary language is German and English is a secondary language. (That was your Amish trivia for the day!) Any way Derek and Norman and I ran around Midway together. When I say ran I mean it I could not slow the boys down that day. We went from one ride to another to another. It was a lesson in standing in line and patiently waiting though.
Here they are on the tilt out ride my first attempt at a picture I said look at me guys and Derek looked the other way and Norman looked at me. This attempt Norman looked at Derek and Derek smiled at me so you have to take what you can get!
Derek loves the ride you can paddle your own boat. But they did enjoy the ride where you can go round and round while the motor does the work for you! Remember how I said that we ran the whole day we did. They only sat down at 11 for lunch because I made them. They ate in 15 minutes flat and wanted to take off again and I made them wait until I was done with lunch at 11:30. No one else was waiting in line because they were eating like normal people and so they boys were so excited they had the rides to themselves.
The spinning cups are not the best idea after lunch, but it never fazed these boys they had a ball. I told them the front car of the roller coaster was the best and they rode up there I don't even know how many times. I end this story by saying I am not sure Norman's mom and Dad would be so keen on the amount of pictures I took of their son, the Amish don't like to get their picture taken, but he rode every ride with Derek and I enjoy taking pictures of my son. So here is a little taste of our day at Midway.

No comments: