Tuesday, June 02, 2009

A busy weekend

Busy seems to be the word of my life right now. My weekend was a pretty wonderful event. On Saturday I celebrated with my family by having a baby shower for my brother and sister-in-law who are expecting their first child. It was held in Grove City, PA at their home. One of my good friends who I was in her wedding 11 year earlier, Chris Pancratz, was there and it was a real joy to be able to spend time with her.
My sister-in-law is totally a cute pregnant girl and we got a really nice picture together. (She's the pretty one in the picture!)

Her mom was there also from Colorado so we were able to get pictures of
all the family, well the girls, together! What a blessing to be able to be together and share in this happy and joyous occasion. Now I can't wait until the end of July to meet this little one.
This weekend was also Sherman Prom so I went and took picture of the girls who I am close too and was able to help them with make up and the putting on of the gowns. They were so stunning. Jessica in the blue ended up being Queen, Michelle is in the yellow and Alyssa is in the coral. The dresses are stunning colors! How original!


And finally Saturday night was summed up with our family minus Nathan going to the Lake Erie Speedway, the Race to Read night. Our children participated in a program at school to ready every day for at least 15 minutes a day for a month and they got us all free tickets to the speedway. There were 6-8 different stock car and modified car races and then fireworks at the end of the night. It was a great time. I admit I am a hick and I love the races!

Hopefully this weekend will be a little more laid back and we can just spend time together as a family! Friday is Derek's trip to the zoo and last Thursday was Sarah's trip to Midway Park so look for those blogs soon.

No comments: