
The above picture is actually the finale to a really great weekend. But shall I start at the beginning?
Friday started off with a bang- by 8:30 a.m. I had to be at a Dr.s appointment to give blood and have other tests done. So that means a 6:00 a.m. wake up to get a shower and get ready in time to have Derek up and ready for Michelle to pick him up for school by 7:40 and get Sarah and Nathan up and fed and ready for school, well only Sarah ready for school really. Then its off to Grandma's for Nathan and Sarah and I am off to start my day.
The Dr.'s appointments all go really well but I am running a half hour late, do you know where I need to be? One of the best places on earth with my GCC, Grove City College for those of you who don't know, girlfriends. There are nine of us who have been trying for the last 10 years since we have graduated to get together every year and spend a weekend seeing each other. We catch up on talking and listening and sometimes just sitting together in the same room. Its another year and we are mostly all here, except for Emily who loves in California and really can't make it for a weekend, we understand and love and miss you Em! We basically come from the East coast, teh farthest away being Pittsburgh, PA (Yeah Steelers!) or Akron, Ohio (I guess as far as geography goes I forget which is more west!). That was until Karen got moved to El Paso, Texas. She made it though for our little weekend get away and we were able to surprise her with a little "Sweet Dreams" baby shower. (Congrats to Jim and Karen for baby Grubelet is on the way!) What a fantastic weekend, really it was I wish I had a picture to post so you could see my beatiful friends and sisters in christ. But alas I forgot my campera. They I am sure will post pictures soon! What a blessed time to spend talking and catching up on lives to learn about how they have all changed after marriage and children and moves across the United States. Thanks ladies for a wonderful time of bonding and sharing. Lets keep standing strong and making this a once a year deal!
Then I had to take off for my 2 1/2 hour trip home to the Section 6 Conference Championship Girls High School Basketball game. Let me tell you about a friend I made on that trip his name is Garmin. Garmin and I got really close on the way to Jamestown. I decided that whatever way Garmin told me to go I would go. Wow it worked! Garmin took me through the Allegany National Forest and because it was so warm over the weekend the snow down in teh woods was steaming and there were patches of road where the fog was so thick I had to slow down to a crawl. After over an hour of driving up and down valleys and hills with no other car in sight I told Garmin 1 of 4 things is going to happen here. 1- I will hit a deer, 2- I will hit a bear 3- I will make it through this 4- I will fall off into a ravine and no one will find me because no one knows I am here! But good old trusty Garmin keep me going on and I made it to the game.
The game was absolutely awesome! The girls came out all on fire and they stayed that way through the entire game. Needless to say they won 57-38 and I could not be more proud of them! We are off to the game this weekend, one step closer to States. I have armed myself with face paint for Derek and Sarah and Abby Cole, new shirts to cover with Sherman graffiti for Derek, Sarah, and Nathan, and glass paint for my vehicle, "HONK if you love the Sherman Lady Wildcats!" I know I know a bit over the top but hey why not.
SO thus concludes my weekend, a bit of this and that and a positive outlook for the future! Stay tuned more to come I promise!

4 comments:
yay! you're back!
it was so good to see you this weekend. and i'm so glad your girls won. Go Wildcats!!!
I agree - once a year! My folks (not that we always have to be there) is such middle ground that no one (except for Karen) has to travel too far. One weekend a year - we can manage that!
that was such a great weekend, wasn't it?!! i'm excited about your girls winning, too. i know how impt that was for your family. go sherman!
Post a Comment