
This is a story for my college friends...
This is a story to make them laugh...
This is a story about a horse, an Amish girl and boy, and me...
I was sitting on my couch the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. My dog was outside tied to her leash when out of the corner of my eye I saw something dark and big run by my back window. Now living out in the country as I do I wondered what was that? Three thoughts went through my mine, deer, bear, or something else? I went to the back door to see if I could see what has gone racing by my window when he ran into view. Prince the neighbors horse. He had gotten loose from his corral and here he was in my back yard. Not just my back yard but also my side yard and then right up on the sidewalk in my front yard. Prince is an ornery who has a mind of his own. One of the Amish girls was in the yard chasing him but he would not come to her and ran from her when ever she tried to get close. In the process of running from her he was tearing up my front yard. The story ends with me going to the Amish school to get the Amish neighbor's son so he could come home and get the horse to obey him. Can't you just see it the Yankee girl pulls into the driveway of the Amish school house and asks for Jacob and he comes with me. I was so nervous they would be afraid because of what happened to the poor Amish school where that man killed the girls. But Jacob came and saved the day and Prince was taken back to his barn and dealt with. And just to prove my story I took a picture. So Megan is proud of me for having a quarter of a cow in my freezer and horses grazing by my front sidewalk. Who would have thought I was born for country living?!

3 comments:
i don't know what's crazier, the fact that you had an adventure with a horse, or that you weren't kidding when you considered that it could be a bear. geez!
Karen
Yes Cindy - I loved that story. I agree with Karen and the whole bear thing. I'm glad you thought to take a picture!
Did I ever tell you the story about seeingthe bear across the street from my house? I'll have to post that one if not.
Post a Comment