Monday, October 23, 2006

Just random thoughts

I had a rough week last week. We spent a lot of time thinking about whether or not we were going to buy a house. Trying to get a loan on a house that is more than you are going to actually pay for the house is harder than it looks or than you might think. We had a hard time figuring out how we would ever pay for a house that needed so many repairs. It wasn't just new carpet, and a good cleaning. It was a dirt floor in the basement and also holes from the basement to the outside. Its the leak in the bathroom its the unexplained leak in the kitchen the falling down ceiling in the kitchen. The mold all over the house, which is most likely from being closed up for a few months. The fact that its in town and we have a big dog that is used to the country and might not do well in a town. The price was right, the location is great but the cons outweigh the pros and so with God's leading and both of us agreeing upon it we decided not to persue the house. The instant relief was proof positive that we had decided the right thing. Now I am going to look into painting the house I live in now and turn it into a home. I'm happier now.

No comments: